The word experience is used a lot in presidential campaigns. One thing is true about the current 2016 presidential campaign.
The most common type of experience mentioned is political experience. “Experienced” politicians have brought us to where we are now in America. This statement is true however you assess the current state of our country. I think Ronald Reagan had it right in this quote,
“Professional politicians like to talk about experience in government. Nuts!
What kind of experience are you looking for in our next President?
So…what kind of experience are you looking for in our next President? That is a relevant question and one I cannot answer for you. All I can do is describe the kind of experience I think is important for the next President to bring into office. If this perspective helps you either make or confirm your own decision, this will have been a worthwhile use of time for me.
Experience I would like our next President to bring into office
- Experience assessing situations as they arise.
- Experience in being a continuous learner.
- Experience in analyzing the situation to determine best and worst case solution scenarios.
- Experience in asking for wisdom from God to make the best decision.
- Experience in actually making a critical decision.
- Experience leading the team executing the plan by setting expectations for and providing the resources and authority to complete it.
This makes experience in facing and resolving many types of situations critical to their success while in office. Being able to solve problems as they arise and not just kick them down the road for the next administration (political experience) is a critical skill needed for any successful president.
Dr. Ben Carson’s experience is unique among presidential candidates and meets all of the criteria mentioned above and will lend itself well to making the decisions that will need to be made as President of the United States of America to move our country forward and keep America safe.
Experience tested and honed in thousands of life and death situations
As a world renowned brain surgeon, Dr. Carson has performed thousands of surgeries. Each of these cases has been unique to that individual and family. Life and death risks and decisions are a regular part of brain surgery.
- Each case is unique with patient history, options available, and outcomes expected.
- Continuous medical education is required to determine the best methods of treatment or surgery available.
- Input from trusted peers and experts is encouraged and considered.
- Analysis to determine the best case / worst case scenarios and expected outcomes of performing or not performing the surgery.
- Explaining these options and possible outcomes to the patient and family in terms they can understand and trust. Character, integrity and competence are essential in building this trust. These parents are trusting Dr. Carson and his Gifted Hands with the life of their child.
- Recommending the best course of action and setting expectations for possible outcomes.
- Seeking guidance from God through prayer for wisdom to make the best decision to move forward with the surgery or not.
- Making the decision in a timely manner as time is of the essence. The patient’s life often depends on it.
- Only then, is the actual surgery performed and this entire process is potentially repeated again during the surgery as the situation warrants.
- Reporting the results of the surgery to the family of the patient along with follow-up expectations and course of action.
This process has been repeated thousands of times. That is valuable experience.
America is the patient
This type of experience will be invaluable as the leader of the country in assessing and addressing any issues that arise.
- Each situation will be different with historical data, options available, input from advisers and new tactics and solutions considered and discussed in evaluating each case.
- Continuous education is required to be cognizant of new tactics or solutions that might be available and applicable in this situation.
- Analyzing this information to determine the best case and worst case scenarios and possible outcomes of any actions being considered.
- Asking God through his own prayers and America through their prayers for wisdom to make the best decision to move forward with the prescribed course of action.
- Making the decision in a timely manner as time is of the essence. America’s future depends on it.
- Leading the team executing the plan by setting expectations and providing the necessary resources to execute the plan.
- Reporting the results of the actions taken to the American people along with follow-up expectations and course of action.
I have a dream!
My dream is each eligible voter would realize the importance of the decision facing America in 2016 – voting for the next president – and would follow a similar process in evaluating the candidates and making their own decision. If my dream came true I am confident many of you will come to the same conclusion I have, the experience Dr. Ben Carson would bring to the Presidency – making thousands of critical life and death decisions over his career – is unique among all candidates and would be invaluable in keeping America safe and moving forward.
Dr. Ben Carson Gifted Hands Documentary
Take a look at this video – Dr. Ben Carson Gifted Hands Documentary – and see what you think in light of Dr. Ben Carson’s experience and his candidacy for President and make your own decision. After the bombast, glitter, noise, exaggerated claims and mudslinging of the other candidates has faded, a wise, calm, experienced decision-maker is the type of person I would want leading our country. Dr. Ben Carson is that type of person.
What kind of experience are you looking for?
Every voter will make their own decision and I would never presume to tell anyone who they should vote for. The person the American people select as President is elected to serve and to lead and make critical decisions. My hope is you will make critical decision making experience one of your criteria. Do your own research and don’t depend on the “news” media to make your decision for you. They have their own agenda.
Experience I am not looking for…
“I will confess I do not have experience in certain things like empowering special interest groups and growing the government and wasting taxpayer money and disarming our military and deserting our allies and lying to the people and submitting to the PC police.” Dr. Ben Carson
I have made my assessment and Ben Carson is my choice.
Voting is a privilege I do not take for granted and a solemn responsibility I do take seriously. It’s not brain surgery. I am no more a brain surgeon than Jethro from The Beverly Hillbillies. I hope all other non-brain surgeons out there, like me, take your responsibility seriously too.
Until next time…
If you like what you read here or just want to see what comes out of my warped mind enter your email address in the sidebar on the left and subscribe. This is the only way to ensure you will be notified immediately whenever a new post is published.